1.1 Problem Statement:
Finding reliable babysitters, in a certain area in these times has started to become extremely difficult. This is due to the fact that many babysitters are already booked up and new babysitters are not finding customers due to having less exposure to social media.
The average age of childcare workers is 36 years old. However, the most experienced babysitters are older than the average age, and most of them are not familiar with social media as a job search tool.
PerfectBabySitter will serve as the sole platform to allow babysitters to post resumes, available times, kids limit, and give updates to families. For families, it will serve as a platform to allow families to post job openings, find babysitters, book slots and get updates in case of an emergency.
Any person considering themselves for a babysitter position must upload a resume and enter any other details during registration. The next step would be for a resume validator to check that provided information to determine whether or not that person is eligible to be a babysitter. After the approval, eligible caregivers will be able to browse through posted jobs and get job offerings from families.
1.3 System Capabilities:
- Register new users/customers and store their information in a database.
- Separate registration for babysitters with a separate dashboard.
- Search and display new jobs based on filters
- Payment processing
- Allow customers to provide feedback and save babysitter’s profile,
- Ability to review uploaded resumes
- Ability to contact on web babysitter, giving job parent, and customer service representative
- Search engine to look for job openings and babysitters
- Post jobs with a detailed description
- Saving time for families to find babysitters
- Allowing new babysitters to find a source of income
- Allowing babysitters to give updates to families and take N amount children.
- Families are able to receive updates and books ahead of time.
- Registration system
- Payment processing system
- Messaging system
- Search system
- Job seekers/Babysitters
2.0. METHODOLOGY AND RESULTS
2.1 Literature Review
There are many websites and applications that are capable of creating a platform where parents can book a time with caretakers for their kids as well as displaying a profile about the caretakers such as reviews and hourly wages like Care.com, Sitter.com and Bambino.
Most of the websites provide good services with fair wages, great interface, responsive web and/or mobile, however, there are also those filled with scam and non-responsive customer service.
Despite this, there are areas that are lacking which restricts them from being a solid solution, such as:
- They do not allow babysitters to get all the necessary information about the job before face-to-face interaction with the parent itself.
- They do not allow babysitters to browse through jobs. Only parents get to look for caregivers.
- They do not allow parents any means to be aware of their child’s circumstance while they are separated
2.2 Proposed Solution
Our web app service will provide parents and babysitters with a platform where they can communicate with each other. We also allow parents not only to look for babysitters but also to post jobs that can be viewed and applied for by potential babysitters.
Our app’s strengths focus on different fields:
- Parents are required to provide all the essential information
- Babysitters can browse through job offerings themselves
- Reviews and ratings of parents and babysitters will allow eliminating unreliable parents and babysitters.
The main weaknesses are:
- Unavailability to totally eliminate scammers
- Only web app (no mobile app version)